I. PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION
School of Mechanical and Advanced Materials Engineering, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), UNIST-gil 50, Eonyang-eup, Ulju-gun, Ulsan, Republic of Korea, 689-798
Tel: +82-52-217-2324, Fax: +82-52-217-2309
B.Sc., 2001, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Materials Science and Engineering
Ph. D., 2006, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Materials Science and Engineering: “A Study on the Magnetic Properties of Wide Bandgap Semiconductors” Supervisor: Professor, Jong-Lam Lee
III. POSITION HELD
2010- CURRENT Assistant Professor, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST)
2009-2010 Assistant Professor, Kumoh National Institute of Technology (KIT)
2006-2009 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), Supervisor: Prof. Martin Moskovits and Alec M. Wodtke
2006 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH), Supervisor: Prof. Jong-Lam Lee
2010 The 8th Young Scientist Award from the Korea Synchrotron Radiation User’s Association (KOSUA)
2006-2009 Full Post-doc Fellow of University of California, Santa Barbara
2005 The 12th Young Scientist Award from the Korean Vacuum Society
Steering committee of Korea Printed Electronics Research Association
Steering committee of Korea Society of Optoelectronics: KSOE
Member of Korean Institute of Chemical Engineers
Member of Materials Research Society
Member of American Chemical Society
Member of The Korean Institute of Metals and Materials
Member of Korean Chemical Society
1. Rational synthesis of nanomaterials (1-D, 3-D) for nano-photonic and nano-electronic devices.
2. For a range of smart sensors,
1) Electron transport in low-dimensional systems such as nanowires and nanoparticles.
2) Atomic-level understanding of physico-chemical phenomena in nanoparticles, nanowires, ultra-thin films, and multilayer systems.
3) Highly selective smart nose for detecting multiple targets (gases, molecules, and bio-materials)
3. For nanophotonics and optoelectronics materials,
Growth of the nanowires and nanorods for the applications to optoelectronic devices
Fabrication and characterization of nanorod-based light emitting diodes to enhance optical power and GaN-based high-power vertical-structure light emitting diodes for solid-state lightings.
4. For a range of energy-related issues,
Nitrides based nanomaterials for high-output power generation; Nanogenerators.
High performance solar cells (organic, III-V inorganic) using hybrid materials system: Antireflection coatings
1. Ji-Won Byun, Myung Hwa Kim, Jeong Min Baik, “Spontaneous conversion of thin film into nanowires”, in preparation (2011).
2. Won-Jeong Park, Jeong Min Baik, “self-assembled junction sensor arrays as a promising strategy for electronic nose”, in preparation (2011).
3. Young-real Kwak, Jeong Min Baik, Kil-ho Kim, “Au-decorated VO2 by DEP”, in preparation (2011).
4. Ji-Won Byun, Myung Hwa Kim, Kyoung Jin Choi, Jeong Min Baik, Phase Transition by Gas-induced Strain in VO2 Nanobeam and Its Application as Flexible Gas Sensor, in preparation (2011).
5. Sungyong Hwang, Hyunah Kwon, Sameer Chhajed, Ji Won Byun, Jeong Min Baik, Jiseong Im, Sang Ho Oh, Ho Won Jang, Seok Jin Yoon, and Jong Kyu Kim, TiO2 Nano-Helixes Gas Sensors with Enhanced Performance and Their Opportunity for a Building Block of Future Electronic Noses, in preparation (2011).